Thursday, May 24, 2012

Making Words/Mystery Word Freebie!

Hi friends!  For those of you on summer break already, I hope you are winding down and starting to relax!  For everyone else...hang in there!   It will be here before you know it!  The teacher in me is starting to work on my summer/back to school projects and one of those was to spice up my...Making Words/Mystery Words activities packet I downloaded last year.  I'm sure you've noticed that in each of my center packets I include a Making Words center.  I LOVE Making Words!  It is an awesome time to teach children how words work!  I learned about making words when I discovered Patricia Cunningham's and Marie Clay's word work through my Reading Recovery training years ago!  It is powerful for students to see parts of words and connections of words they make in their own writing and text.
I just posted a freebie for you all to enjoy as a "Back to School" sample!  I hope you will download and try it with your kiddos!  Here is my Making Words/Mystery Word...Playground freebie!  If you like it I hope you will look at my Making Words/Mystery Words by the Month as well!  I teach this small group the first of the year and move them into centers as the children become more independent.  I hope you enjoy these!  If you have questions, let me know!  Thanks-Yvonne



3 comments:

  1. You are so welcome Lisa! Hope your students enjoy it!-Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Thanks ... = )

    Diane

    ReplyDelete