Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Elf Measure Me Cards"...to use with your Elf on the Shelf!

Hi friends!  Today I spent my day planning my measurement unit that I will begin to teach on Monday!  I LOVE to teach measurement especially at the holidays!  I want to share with you all a cute little activity that will kick it off!  I love my "Elf on the Shelf" and try to incorporate our little guy into as many lessons as possible.  This year our class elf will have several "Elf Buddies" come with him from the North Pole!  I have made some "Elf Measure Me Cards" to use for my Measurement Monday activity.  After introducing our Elf on the Shelf with a letter on the board (explained with this freebie) the students will look around the room for his North Pole buddies (Elf Measure Me Cards) to estimate and measure nonstandard and standard units of measure.  We will begin with the nonstandard units of measure recording sheet and work our way into standard.
I have so many students who are already writing and talking about their own elves at home...I know this will get them excited!!!  I hope you will be able to use this with your own kiddos!  Happy Measuring!-Yvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment